Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Movies of Summer Part 1

Tyson and I love movies. Love, love, love. In fact, we probably watch way too many movies. But I feel  okay about that :)

Summer is the best time for movies. Well, Summer and Thanksgiving/Christmas time. So far we have enjoyed quite a few great movies this summer:

1. Iron Man 3. **** (4 stars!).  Loved the humor. And the action. Definitely a must see.

 2. Star Trek Into Darkness. ***** (5 Stars!). This movie was incredible. I think I loved it even more than the 1st movie. J. J. Abrams never disappoints. I've been a fan of his since LOST. Anyway, this movie was awesome. Great humor, great action and it had Mr. Benedict Cumberbatch. The best villain out there. His voice is like liquid silk. Do yourself a favor and please see this movie! We saw it twice. Yup, we have a movie addiction.


3. Man of Steel. Aka Superman. ***** (5 Stars!).  This movie was awesome. I loved the origin story that took up the first 20ish minutes of the movie. Russell Crowe did a great job as Jor-El (Superman's dad). I also loved the emphasis on fathers in the film and seeing how each father, Superman's human father and his real krypton father, influenced him as a person. There is a TON of great action sequences, and the CGI was incredible. Parts of it dragged (probably because the last 90ish minutes are straight action), but overall Tyson and I enjoyed it enough to go see it twice. Also, if you have a chance to see it in IMAX, it's worth it. So awesome--visually and the audio shook the seats. Also, Hans Zimmer is a genius. Of course, that's nothing new.



Here's an excerpt from the soundtrack. Give your ears a break with this glorious symphony of sound:


4. Monsters University. ***** (5 Stars!). Holy cow this was an awesome movie. I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in a long time. And it was so much more than I expected. However, I don't think I have ever been disappointed with a Pixar movie. Definitely go see this movie, you will not be disappointed. In fact, you will get a great work out from laughing so hard! Seeing little Mike Wazowski was great. He was so cute.


That's the movies we have seen so far that have recently come out. We also are working on a nice BluRay/DVD collection, too.

And the trailer for the next Hobbit movie came out recently. I cannot wait! And I may have squealed like a 13-year-old girl when Legolas showed up on my computer screen. :)


I'll be posting again soon with another update of what we have been up to. We just got back from an incredible trip in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment