Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Adventure in Boston Part 2

Day Three:

I decided that I'd do another installment bout our trip to Boston and take a break from teacher planning.

On our third day in Boston we left Cape Cod early to make it to Boston in time for one of the highlights of our trip... a Boston Red Sox game!! 

We got some yummy bagels and donuts at a local place in Cape Cod and then hit the road. It took about an hour and a half to make it to Boston. Driving in Boston is so crazy! There are so many freeways and highways crossing each other. I'm so used to just one freeway. It sure does make life easier just having only I-15 here. 

Anyway, we checked into our hotel in Cambridge--just up the road from Harvard, actually. Our hotel was super nice, and relatively quiet--so I'm glad that we were staying there for 3 nights. The Alewife T stop was about a 10 minute walk up the road, so it was super easy getting around the city. As soon as we dumped off our bags we headed to the T stop and basically followed the crazy, huge crowd going to the baseball game. To be honest, traveling on this subway really made me miss the well-organized system of the London tube. None of the subway stops had estimated time of arrivals for trains coming in--it felt like it was completely random. Actually I'm pretty sure it was. I never thought I would say I miss traveling on the London tube. Rant over. Anyway, it is nice to have public transportation, and I suppose it really wasn't that terrible. We finally got to the stadium and enjoyed all the fun stuff that was going on. We bought some baseball hats, and got into the game spirit! Tyson scored us some awesome tickets! And we were in the shade as an added bonus. We both had a lot of fun. There's nothing like going to a real baseball game! I loved all the traditions that the Red Sox fans have--like singing Sweet Caroline in the middle of the 8th inning. The Red Sox did lose (the only game they lost against the Toronto Blue Jays), but we still really enjoyed ourselves. :) 













After the game it was crazy getting back on the subway--so crowded! So we relaxed and just meandered our way back to our hotel. We stopped at a Trader Joe's and picked up some snacks and dinner to enjoy. I love Trader Joe's. We enjoyed salad, pizza (left over from the night before), belgian waffle carmel things (not sure what they are called, but they are delicious), pretzels filled with peanut butter, pita chips with hummus and of course my beloved Diet Coke. And we enjoyed a fun Iron Chef marathon while we ate good food. It was a good day!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun fun fun trip! You guys got to see so many cool things and eat yummy food! Thanks for sharing!
    I hope your teacher prep is going well! Sometimes I really miss those days. :)

    ReplyDelete